Information about the corona virus (Covid-19) - This is what you need to know
Because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, everyone in Norway is asked to observe the following safety measures:
- Avoid social gatherings.
- Stay in your own home or hotel room, as far as possible.
- Avoid having friends and relatives over, including your children's friends.
- Avoid physical contact.
- When in public spaces, stay at least 1 meter away from other people.
- Do not shake hands or hug.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
If you suspect that you have caught the coronavirus, please contact your doctor via telephone. Do not go to your doctor's office without an appointment. If you need to be tested, testing will be administered by your doctor. They will provide you with the information you need.
If you cannot reach your doctor, please call the out-of-hours medical service for immediate assistance - (free) telephone number 116117 - and explain your situation.
In an emergency, call 113.
In Norway, medical assistance related to the coronavirus is free of charge.